Bloom Therapy is an “Out-of-Network” Provider.
This means we accept you as a private pay client, and can provide you with a receipt to seek reimbursement from your insurance company, if you wish.
We always offer complementary 15 minute phone consultations.
Shannon’s rate is $120 per 50-55 minute session, including intakes.
Katy rate is $150 per 50-55 minute session, including intakes.
Payment forms accepted:
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Checks or Cash
- All Major Credit & Debit Cards, including Amex
How much will my insurance company reimburse me?
Everyone’s out of network benefits are different. Simply call the number on the back of your insurance card and ask for clarification on your out-of-network benefits for individual therapy, and how to file. Many clients are reimbursed for 50-80% of their session cost depending on their plan benefits. This process is fairly simple and usually involves sending in a one-page form every month or so. You can put multiple sessions on each claim, so it depends how quickly you would like to be reimbursed versus how many times you want to send in a claim. When you call, ask your insurer these questions:
- Do I have out of network coverage for mental health benefits? (also called behavioral health)
- Is this coverage subject to a deductible? If so, what is the deductible amount? Does the deductible reset on January 1st or another date? how much of that deductible have I met?
- What percentage will be covered/reimbursed by insurance?
- How many sessions are covered per week and per year for individual therapy, couples therapy, and group therapy?
- What is your maximum allowable amount for individual therapy sessions? (Their reimbursement percentage will be based on this amount, NOT the amount we charge.)
- How long do I have to submit out-of-network claims after the service date?
- With answers to the above questions, you will be armed with the information you need to help you decide if our services are a good fit for your needs. If you don’t understand the above information, simply write down their answers, and we can help you understand your financial responsibilities during our complementary 10 minute phone consult. The insurance representative may or may not be helpful in speaking in plain English as well. Insurance is an intentionally confusing industry! However, with the right understanding and a touch of light paperwork you are likely to reduce your health care costs.